March 29, 2009

April in the Gallery Shop!

April is the month for books here in the Gallery Shop. We have slowly been building our selection of art related reading materials with interesting titles covering aboriginal art (Clearing a Path: New Ways of Seeing Traditional Indigenous Art) to abstract art (Abstract Painting in Canada) to contemporary art (Collage: Assembling Contemporary Art).

We’ve still got local favourites like Regina's Secret Spaces: Love & Lore of Local Geography and It’s Just Prairie and have added new Saskatchewan related titles like Perspectives of Saskatchewan and Martha Cole’s Power of Place. Throughout April and into May we’ll continue to bring in new titles so be sure to check out the book section next time you’re visiting us.

Our lovely communications gal, Ali, came up with the idea of trying something a bit more interactive for fans of the Gallery Shop. Introducing … Appreciation Photos! The idea is pretty simple: take a photo of something you’ve bought from our shop in its new (your!) home and then send it to us! You can email your photos to Alison or Rachel


To get things rolling, I took photos of my own Gallery Shop goodies at home!

I use Laura McKibbon’s beautiful photography infused ceramic plate to de-clutter my entry by using it for my keysand cards. Underneath it is MacFabHome’s black table runner – low maintenance andsimple, it protects my furniture and looks great while doing it!


Raplapla’s Monsieur Tse-Tse

was meant to be a gift but when I got the little guy home I just couldn’t part with him. Now he seems to be right at home among my books!



I use Kitras’ 2” Tree of Life Ball to add a bit of whimsy – if only you could see it when the sunlight hits it just right.


Joan’s Beeswax candles are a staple at my place here area couple of her votives after a long burning session.



Jasna Sokolovic’s two tiles help beautify my otherwise boring walls along with a little help from a Bruce McGraw Warhol block.








See how easily you can share your MacKenzie Art Gallery Shop finds! Share your photos here and we’ll try to include them in a future post, or add them to our Appreciation Photo Album on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment